About MarsenaApproach · Style · Clinical experience · Credentials · Professional Affiliates
Marsena is diverse in her approach to therapy and draws from many methods, theories and techniques. Her approach is results-focused and based in clients' strengths and insight. She uses what will best serve each clients' needs and goals.
Her counseling style is straight forward and client empowering. With compassion and respect she accepts clients right where they are. The following words and phrases hold significant meaning for Marsena and are reflected in her counseling style:
Balance; Acceptance; Gratitude; Integrity; Humility; Laugh at self; Self-care; Trust instincts; Live consciously; See the Gift in adversity; Abundance-accept and circulate; Pay it forward; Flow with the current; Be Accountable; Be of Service; Be an Example; Respect all living things; Smell the Roses; and, Make Lemonade.
- More than 18 years counseling/psychotherapy experience working with marriages, couples, individuals, and groups. Specializing in marriage and couples counseling, individual counseling, and EMDR therapy.
- Developed/facilitated five 12-week Imago Couples Groups for patients and their spouses in a six month residential rehabilitation program.
- Therapy Workshops/Retreats - developed/facilitated women's experiential and educational group psychotherapeutic workshops in retreat setting.
Credentials / Specialized Training/ Education
- Licensed Professional Counselor - State of Arizona
- National Certified Counselor - National Board of Certified Counselors
- EMDR Therapist – Levels I & II training - EMDR Institute, Inc.
- Post Graduate training: Trauma, Abuse, & Deprivation - Ottawa University
- Master of Counseling - University of Phoenix
- EMDRIA (EMDR Int’l Assoc.) - Full Member as Level II EMDR Therapist
- American Counseling Association - Professional Member
- Arizona Counseling Association - Professional Member