About MarsenaApproach · Style · Clinical experience · Credentials · Professional Affiliates
Marsena is eclectic in her approach to therapy drawing from a diverse range of methods, theories and techniques. Her approach is results-focused and based in clients’ strengths and insight. She uses what will best serve each client’s needs and goals.
Her counseling style is straight forward and client empowering. With compassion and respect she accepts clients right where they are. Her gift is the ability to help them gain a fresh new perspective and to positively see challenges and obstacles as opportunities.
The following words and phrases hold significant meaning for Marsena. They define what she aspires to, her personal truth, and are reflected in her counseling style:
Balance; Acceptance; Gratitude; Integrity; Humility; Laugh at self; Trust instincts; Self-care; Live consciously; See the Gift in adversity; Abundance—accept and circulate; Pay it forward; Flow with the current; Be Accountable; Be of Service; Be an Example; Respect all living things; Smell the Roses; and, Make Lemonade.
- More than 16 years counseling/psychotherapy experience working with individuals, couples, and groups. Specializing in relationships, EMDR therapy, trauma recovery.
- Developed / facilitated five 12-week Imago Couples Groups for patients and their spouses in a six month residential rehabilitation program.
- Therapy Workshops/Retreats – developed/facilitated women’s experiential and educational group psychotherapeutic workshops in retreat setting.
Credentials / Specialized Training/ Education
- Licensed Professional Counselor - State of Arizona
- National Certified Counselor - National Board of Certified Counselors
- EMDR Therapist – Levels I & II training - EMDR Institute, Inc.
- Post Graduate training: Trauma, Abuse, & Deprivation - Ottawa University
- Master of Counseling - University of Phoenix
- EMDRIA (EMDR Int’l Assoc.) - Full Member as Level II EMDR Therapist
- American Counseling Association - Professional Member
- Arizona Counseling Association - Professional Member